LENA ZAMMATARO, SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER, M.A.
Hello! I’m Lena Zammataro, a certified Special Education teacher in New Jersey and the Founder of Breakthrough Intervention, LLC.
I began my career as a special education elementary and preschool teacher in 2012. I’ve been providing services in early intervention since 2016. I work with children ages birth to 5 to provide services tailored to meet the child’s individual needs based on the needs of the child and assist families by developing appropriate play and interaction to foster their child’s development. In addition, I provide instruction using the ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis Approach) to children on an individual and small group basis.
I have developed strategies to provide to families to help them to enhance the skill development of their child’s development. It is especially important to me as a Special Education Teacher/ Early Intervention ABA therapist that family members fully understand the special needs of their child and how to enhance his or her development. My clients include children with language delays, autism spectrum disorder, and developmental delays
BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION
- MA- Master of Arts- In Special Education, Centenary University, NJ 2015
- BA- Art Education, and Early childhood Development, Montclair State University, NJ 2008
- Education Preschool: Third Grade (P-3)
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities (K-12)
- Teacher of Art (K-12)
CERTIFICATIONS & HONORS
- Council for Exceptional Children: Member from –April 2012-present
- New Jersey Education Association- Member from May 2013-present
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)
- Certified Professional Rescuer (CPR)
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI)